Inspired Through Excellence of Innovation
A university that offers a variety of teaching and learning concepts as well as a variety of high-quality curriculum activities.
Legal Department USIM
USIM’s Legal Department (JUU) is a department under the Chancellory Office of USIM and operates at Level 1, Chancellory Building, USIM.
At the beginning of its establishment in September 2004, it was just a unit known as the Legal and Disciplinary Unit (UTT) under the Registrar’s Department. At the end of 2005, it was upgraded to a division known as the Legal Division (BUU), still maintained under the Registrar’s Department.
In line with the decision of the Board Meeting of USIM No. 4/2013 on 25th September 2013, the Legal Division was restructured as a department starting from 1st January 2014 and placed under the Chancellery Department under the supervision of the Vice-Chancellor.
JUU is responsible for providing legal services to the Board of Directors of the University, Senate, University Management Committee, Faculty/Centre/Department/other Responsibility Centres at the University to support the University’s vision, mission and objectives to become a global reference centre.
Legal Talk Series
The Leader In The Integration Of Naqli And Aqli Knowledge
USIM is the leader in the integration of Naqli & Aqli knowledge
A safe and conducive learning environment
World-class sport (recognized by AIAF)
Good accommodation and conducive surroundings
The latest technology of all facilities:
- Teaching and research areas
Legal Department Section Responsibilities
- Handle the drafting of University legal documents (Statutes, Rules, Policies and Regulations)
- Handle USIM staff disciplinary cases for each group of services
- Handling disciplinary cases of USIM students
- Handling cases of breach of contracts by staff
- Handle debt recovery claims
- Instruct and assist in lawsuits filed against or on behalf of the University
- Handle the appointment of lawyers for each of the cases
- Draft or peruse, vet and finalise the University’s Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), Memorandum of Agreement (MoA), Letter of Intent and Letter of Indemnity
- Draft or peruse, vet and finalise the University’s Concession Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Service Agreements, Lease Agreements
- Draft or peruse, vet and finalise documents related to the University’s intellectual property
- Provide legal advice, opinions and guidance to the University
- Provide and conduct legal training
- As one of the efforts to provide services to USIM citizens and the local community
- Support the University’s aspiration for income generation